Call For Applications For The Canada-Asean Scholarships For Educational Exchanges And Development (SEED) Programme
Assalamualaikum w.b.t. & Salam Sejahtera.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CANADA-ASEAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGES AND DEVELOPMENT (SEED) PROGRAMME
YBhg. Datuk/ Dato’/ Datin/ YBrs. Prof./ Dr./ Tuan/ Puan,
I wish to refer to the above.
2. For your information, the Ministry of Education (MOE), Malaysia through the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) in Jakarta has been requested by the Mission of Canada to ASEAN, to circulate an announcement regarding the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships for Educational Exchanges and Development (SEED) Programme.
3. The SEED Students Scholarships Programme, which is in its third year, has now been launched for the academic year 2020/2021. To date, a total of 217 students went to Canada to enrol in short-term studies and research programmes. Starting 2020, SEED has also launched the first cycle of the SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme, following the success of a pilot programme where four (4) Cambodian mid-career professionals have participated in a training provided by the Toronto Centre. SEED is now accepting applications for both students and mid-career officials for the academic year 2020/2021. The application deadline for (i) the mid-career applicants is on February 6, 2020 and (ii) the student applicants is on March 5, 2020. All information about the scholarships, including the eligibility criteria, scholarship value and application process can be found at the two (2) links as follows:
- SEED Students Scholarships Programme - https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2019/2019-12-04.aspx?lang=eng
- SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme - https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/news-nouvelles/2019/2019-12-10.aspx?lang=eng
4. Kindly note that for the SEED Mid-Career Professionals Programme, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Has worked for at least five (5) and up to 20 years;
- Is in a managerial, policy development or in a decision-making position; OR is a mid-career academic in a post-secondary academic institution, research institution or think tank;
- Has at least two (2) years of experience within the position; and
- Is not supervising more than 30 employees and/ or a CAD 30 million budget per year.
In this regard, we wish to request you to kindly forward this announcement to your contacts for its wider dissemination.
Your cooperation is appreciated duly.
International Relations Division
Ministry of Education (MOE), Malaysia
- Hits: 9497